036: Model? Me? Oh, I'm Flattered... NOT!

Thursday, June 11, 2009



Last evening, I was on my way to meet my group members for our television production proposal and stuff. We will be doing an outdoor shooting this Saturday, and I bet it will be fun! It’s definately fun than the essay that I have to do for Public Relations. Anyway, while I was walking outside Bugis Junction (meeting was at the National Library), a lady approached me. Introducing herself as “whatever her name is” and “whatever the fuck company’s name” she’s from. Turn out she’s from the modelling agency, and telling me I could model for ads and stuff.

I’ve always known that these people are always scouting for “talents” at Bugis, and two of my friends have been approached by them before. But hell, those two are good looking tall guys! When did a 170cm ugly hardcore kid fit into that category? I’m not like the two actor and actress in the above video (it’s the new Killswitch Engage’s video by the way, quite emotional, and somehow it gives me ideas on what to write for my essay, even though there's no link between Killswitch Engage and Public Relations, :-P).

I know what they are after. My money! My friend once told me that these companies will ask you to pay a few hundred bucks for a photo portfolio, in order to let the clients choose. We will only be modelling when we are chosen. Now, whoever the fuck will choose me?

I know you are desperate, especially in this economy downturn. But please, choose wisely. You will mislead the ‘looks impaired’ people, especially the ones who really wanted to be seen in magazines and posters, but lack the ‘package’ (whatever the fuck that means).

The only package I know is parcels from the post office. :-P

0 Comment here.: