011: "Late" is My Middle Name

Monday, March 16, 2009

Photo by ~vlado

Congratulations to me!! I woke up a bit early today. But i end up taking my time in the toilet and dressing up. So I still end up late to work! Usually reach work after 0930. Today i reached at 0915! *Beams*

Errr..... That's nothing to be proud of actually. I was still late! I wonder what will happen if I get a new job, and still have this punctuality attitude in me. I've been having this "problem" since my teenage years. I used to work at the hospital, and was always late. My excuse last time were, "oh, I have some last minute thing at school". But coming to work one hour late on a sunday? What excuse can you give other than, "I woke up late!". And this carries on when i worked at the airport. Even worse, I reached work 90 mins late every day.

Things changed when i was serving National Service. I was late only a few times in that 2 years I was serving the nation. After that, joined the 9-5 workforce, and maintain my good habit for a few months. Suddenly, something magical happened... TADAAAAA!!!! Back to my old habit.

I'm a very excellent and productive worker actually. Since my teenage years. Maybe that's why I didn't get the sack from my superior. But that's no excuse. One day, they'd probably get irritated and give me the boot. I may be angry at their decision, but they have to do what they have to do. Indispensibility (got such word ah?) is definately no excuse for lateness.

I have been telling myself to get 3 alarm clocks, and have been forgetting to buy them.

What is wrong with me???

0 Comment here.: